Countdown to Black Friday 2019
The next Black Friday sales will fall on 29th November 2019.
If you’ve been quietly looking at that bike computer for months, contemplating to upgrade your current components, wheelsets or even buying your next set of cycling kits – this is your chance.
More Reading : The Best Gifts for Cyclists this Year
Everything from complete bikes to components, accessories, electronics, clothing and even tools are heavily discounted.
9 Best Black Friday Cycling Deals
If you’re from the UK, Wiggle is probably your best bet. Wiggle’s sales started on 1st November. There will new weekly deals announced every Friday throughout November.
Find Out More : Wiggle’s Black Friday Deals
3. Chain Reaction Cycles
Similar to Wiggle, since they’re now part of the same group. Both of the share the same inventory, but deals could be slightly different, especially if you’re a loyal customer.
Find Out More : Chain Reaction Cycles Black Friday Deals
4. Pro Bike Kit
Pro Bike Kit was famous for heavily discounting power meters and wheelsets last year. They’re expected to continue the trend this year, or perhaps, they’ve even more surprises in store for us.
Find Out More : Pro Bike Kit Black Friday Deals
5. Sigma Sports
Sigma Sport’s sales officially started on 1st November. New deals are added daily in the run up to Thanksgiving. Remember to check their page out daily so that you don’t miss out any of them!
Find Out More : Sigma Sports Black Friday Deals
6. Ribble Cycles
Last year, Ribble Cycles had the best deals when it comes to Shimano groupsets. You’re also almost guaranteed to find some very good deals, especially on their own branded bike, Ribble.
Find Out More : Ribble Cycles Black Friday Deals
7. Evans Cycles
Evans Cycles had huge discounts on past season bikes and clothing last year. Expect them to do the same this year. Check them out if you’re after one of these.
Find Out More : Evans Cycles Black Friday Deals
8. Excel Sports
Excel Sports is based in Boulder, Colorado and is a large online retailer of cycling accessories, components and clothing. 25% off all Stages Powermeters.
Find Out More : Excel Sports Black Friday Deals
9. Clever Training
Clever Training is a U.S. based seller of swim, bike and run gears. They carry many of the leading brands of electronics, bike gps and power meters.
And if you sign up to their newsletter, you’ll get an additional 10% off!
Find Out More : Clever Training Black Friday Deals
Cycling Clothing Deals and Discounts
Aside from the retailers, boutique cycling apparels brands are also running their own sales. Often times, you can find apparels discounted up to 40-50% off their regular retail price.
Here are some of the best deals on cycling apparels for Black Friday:
- Ashmei – Apparel maker for swim, bike and run. 25% off site wide-. Use code : fandf25-NG. Valid until New Year.
- Babici – A premium Australian cycling apparel maker based in New South Wales. 25% off site-wide. Use code : BLACKFRIDAY.
- Café Du Cycliste – Based in Nice, Café Du Cycliste manufacturers high quality cycling apparel with a slight twist of classic French style. 20% – 30% off depending on product range. No codes needed.
- Cadence Collection – Started in 2003 by Dustin Klein, a designer, artist and ex-messenger out of San Francisco. 25% off, use code FRIDAY25,.
- Capo Cycling – Designed and developed in California. Manufactured in Northern Italy. 35% off, use code BFCM35.
- Casp CC – 30% off site-wide. Use code BFCM35.
- Danny Shane – 60% off site-wide. Use code : BlackFriday60
- Defeet – One of the most popular cycling socks brand. 20% off $50 (50-GETS20), 25% off $75 (75-GETS25) or 30% off $100 (100-GETS30)
- Eliel Cycling – California based. Check out their special collections. Get 10% of all orders, use code NLSIGN10.
- FYXO – Started out of Melbourne since 2003, FYXO is the go-to place for urban cycling apparels.
- Isadore Apparel – Started by the twin Velits brothers, Peter and Martin who both rode professionally in the World Tour for BMC Racing and Quickstep, before retiring in 2016 and 2017 respectively. Sale starts on Friday and will last only 24 hours.
- KOM Raid – A UK based boutique cycling apparel designer. 20% off selected styles.
- La Passione – One of the best value for money cycling apparels around. 25% off site-wide. Use code : INSIDERS25
- Lumiere Cycling – A small, boutique, Melbourne based cycling apparel maker with great looking designs.
- MAAP – A premium cycling apparel maker based in Melbourne. 30% to 50% off. No codes needed.
- Maglia Nera Cycling – Milan based cycling socks maker. You can find plenty of them on sale currently.
- Ornot – A California based cycling apparel maker who’s designs are based on being minimalistic. 30% off everything, including sale items until 19th November. Use code : HUGE
- Panache Cycle Wear – Founded by a former pro, Don Powell in Boulder, Colorado in 2010. 40% off selected items.
- Paria.cc – A U.K.based cycling apparel manufacturer. Use code CAMO18 to get 30% off all items.
- Pedal Mafia – Based in Perth, Australia, Pedal Mafia sells their own-branded cycling clothing together with other accessories such as sunglasses, shoes, helmets and tools.
- Podia.cc – A Polish based cycling company with an apparel and cycling holiday business.
- Proviz Sports – Maker of the highly popular reflective cycling jackets, The Reflect 360. Get 10% off all items with the code WELCOME10.
- Search and State – An award winning cycling apparel manufacturer based in midtown New York. Their apparels are made in New York too. Get 30% off site-wide from Cyber Monday with the code Holiday30.
- Swiss Iconic – Get 35% to 45% off on arguably the best cycling bibs in the market, the Assos T.Equipe, T.Cento and T.Campionssimo. Free Assos chamois cream with any bib shorts purchase.
- Ten Speed Hero – Based in Chicago, Illinois, TSH designs great looking cycling apparels. 50% off, use code : SALEITOUT.
- The Pedla – Borned in the streets of Melbourne, The Pedla manufactures high performance technical clothing for road cyclists.
- This is Cambridge – A British performance cycling apparel designer. 30% off all designs. Use code : RIDE30_18
- Velocio – Performance cycling apparels based in Melbourne and made in Italy.
- Void Cycling – A Swedish cycling apparel brand. 25% off site-wide. Use code : GiveThanks or SvartFredag.
3 Tips for Hunting Black Friday Cycling Deals
With Black Friday, you’ll often find yourself bombarded with deals in your social media and mailbox.
The biggest mistake most people (myself included) make is getting too excited, too early and spend their entire shopping budget before the actual day.
Some retailers will start their sales 1 to 2 weeks before the actual day to get a head start. It’s less competitive for them to get sales during this period.
Here’s the thing : The best deals are usually available when it’s closer to Black Friday.
Here’s 3 useful tips to hunt for Black Friday deals:
- Follow them on social media. This is the main channel the retailers use to reach their customers these days. You’d want to follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Sign up to their newsletter. Start doing so from early November onwards so that you’ll be among the first to be informed when the sales start. Sometimes, newsletter subscribers will receive an extra 5 to 10% discounts.
- Bookmark this page. As soon as any sales go live, we’ll publish them here.
When it comes to Black Friday bike deals, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Returns policy. Some retailers offer only 30 days for returns as compared to the standard 60 or 365 days. If you’re buying someone a cycling gift for Christmas, you could be ineligible for returns if the gift is opened on/after Christmas.
- Shipping time. As this is a big weekend for retailers, expect the shipping times to be slightly longer. In some cases, it could be as long as 10 to 14 days before they arrive. Remember to check your tracking codes for constant updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are deals announced?
From my experience, some are available as early as 1st November.
As we get closer, expect more deals to come online. The sale will last through the weekend and continue on Cyber Monday, 26th November.
This page will be updated daily. So, bookmark it now and come back later.
2. Are the deals worth it?
The answer is yes for most items.
Having said that, I’d advise you to do some homework and get to know the price for an item you’d want to buy. When it comes to Black Friday, you’ll usually either get them discounted, or bundled with more accessories for the same price.
In a nut shell, you’d get more value for what you’d pay for.
3. How long do the deals last?
The deals will be available for at least 4 days, starting from Good Friday through to Cyber Monday.
However, some retailers usually start earlier to capture the early birds. Note that it’s uncommon for the deals to be available after Cyber Monday especially for cycling.