Black Friday 2019 is here!
If you’ve been quietly looking at that bike computer for months, contemplating to upgrade your current bike components, wheelsets or even buying your next set of cycling kits – this is your chance.
More Reading :
Everything from complete bikes to components, accessories, electronics, clothing and even tools are heavily discounted.
If you’re looking for ideas and recommendations, check some of the most popular items among cyclists below.
Black Friday Cycling Deals in the U.S.
If you’re based in the United States, take a look at these online retailers.
2. Competitive Cyclist
Competitive Cyclist is one of the largest online bike retailers in the United States. They have a big retail store in West Valley City, Utah and carries all of the top brands in cycling.
As with the previous years, this year’s Black Friday sales is going to be massive, such as these:
- SRAM eTAP AXS Complete Groupset, Force – $1402, Red – $2125 (discount applied at cart)
- Tacx Neo 2 – $1049
- Wahoo Kickr Core – $899
- Wahoo Elemnt – $219
- Stages Shimano Ultegra R8000 Dual-Sided Powermeter – $699
- SRAM Red dZero Powermeter – $540
- Castelli Alpha ROS Jacket – $149
- POC Ventral Air Spin Helmet – $175
- Sportful Total Comfort Bib Shorts – $99
Find Out More : Competitive Cyclist Deals
3. Powermeter City
If you’ve been looking for a powermeter to bring your cycling training to the next level, then Black Friday is the best time to get one.
Some of the hottest deals include:
- Stages Shimano Ultegra R8000 Left-Sided Powermeter – $405
- Stages Shimano Duraace R9100 Left-Sided Powermeter – $455
- Power2Max NG Eco – $490
Find Out More : Powermeter City Deals
REI is the largest outdoor gears and clothing online retailer in the United States. While they’re not cycling specific, they still carry a huge range of cycling products.
Find Out More : REI Deals
5. Jenson USA
While not as big as Competitive Cyclist, Jenson USA still carries a respected range of cycling products for road, mountain, commuter and kids bikes.
Best of all, they offer free shipping for orders above $50!
Find Out More : Jenson USA Black Friday Deals
6. Pro Bike Kit
Pro Bike Kit was famous for heavily discounting power meters and wheelsets last year. They’re expected to continue the trend this year, or perhaps, they’ve even more surprises in store for us.
Find Out More : Pro Bike Kit Deals
7. Clever Training
Trade in and trade up your existing wheelset for a new pair of Enves. Ride alloy wheelset will get a store credit of $600 and carbon for $900.
Offer valid up to 2nd December 2019 for alloy wheelsets and 3rd January 2020 for carbon wheelsets.
Find Out More : Enve
Black Friday Bike Deals
If you’re looking for a new bike, take a look at these bike brands.
1. Trek Bikes
10-40% off for past year models, including road, mountain, downhill, commuter and bike frames.
Find Out More : Trek USA Black Friday Deals
2. Felt Bicycles
20% discount across previous year models and showroom samples. Use code : SALE2018
Find Out More : Felt Bicycle Deals
3. Raleigh Bicycles
Black Friday Cycling Deals in the U.K.
If you’re based in the United Kingdom or Europe, these deals are for you.
2. Chain Reaction Cycles
Similar to Wiggle, since they’re now part of the same group. Both of the share the same inventory, but deals could be slightly different, especially if you’re a loyal customer.
From 1st November onwards, there will be new deals announced on each Thursday leading up to the big day itself.
The hottest deal currently is the Garmin Edge 520.
Find Out More : Chain Reaction Cycles Deals
3. Sigma Sports
Sigma Sport’s sales officially started on 1st November. New deals are added daily in the run up to Thanksgiving. Remember to check their page out daily so that you don’t miss out any of them!
Find Out More : Sigma Sports Deals
4. Ribble Cycles
Last year, Ribble Cycles had the best deals when it comes to Shimano groupsets. You’re also almost guaranteed to find some very good deals, especially on their own branded bike, Ribble.
Find Out More : Ribble Cycles Deals
5. Evans Cycles
Evans Cycles had huge discounts on past season bikes and clothing last year. Expect them to do the same this year. Check them out if you’re after one of these.
Find Out More : Evans Cycles Deals
3 Tips for Hunting Black Friday Cycling Deals
With Black Friday, you’ll often find yourself bombarded with deals in your social media and mailbox.
The biggest mistake most people (myself included) make is getting too excited, too early and spend their entire shopping budget before the actual day.
Some retailers will start their sales 1 to 2 weeks before the actual day to get a head start. It’s less competitive for them to get sales during this period.
Here’s the thing : The best deals are usually available when it’s closer to Black Friday.
Here’s 3 useful tips to hunt for Black Friday deals:
- Follow them on social media. This is the main channel the retailers use to reach their customers these days. You’d want to follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Sign up to their newsletter. Start doing so from early November onwards so that you’ll be among the first to be informed when the sales start. Sometimes, newsletter subscribers will receive an extra 5 to 10% discounts.
- Bookmark this page. As soon as any sales go live, we’ll publish them here.
When it comes to Black Friday bike deals, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Returns policy. Some retailers offer only 30 days for returns as compared to the standard 60 or 365 days. If you’re buying someone a cycling gift for Christmas, you could be ineligible for returns if the gift is opened on/after Christmas.
- Shipping time. As this is a big weekend for retailers, expect the shipping times to be slightly longer. In some cases, it could be as long as 10 to 14 days before they arrive. Remember to check your tracking codes for constant updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are deals announced?
From my experience, some are available as early as 1st November.
As we get closer, expect more deals to come online. The sale will last through the weekend and continue on Cyber Monday, 1st December.
This page will be updated daily. So, bookmark it now and come back later.
2. Are the deals worth it?
The answer is yes for most items.
Having said that, I’d advise you to do some homework and get to know the price for an item you’d want to buy. When it comes to Black Friday, you’ll usually either get them discounted, or bundled with more accessories for the same price.
In a nut shell, you’d get more value for what you’d pay for.
3. How long do the deals last?
The deals will be available for at least 4 days, starting from Good Friday through to Cyber Monday.
However, some retailers usually start earlier to capture the early birds. Note that it’s uncommon for the deals to be available after Cyber Monday especially for cycling.