Rapha has finally entered the mountain bike market after announcing their intention more than a year ago. To the surprise of many, Rapha launched a line of casual trail wear instead of the performance range, similar to their road cycling apparel.
With their US office based out of Portland, Oregon, you can be sure that the designs and inspiration for this range have a strong Pacific Northwest influence. After all, Oregon has some of the best mountain biking trails in the United States.
“After 17 years of innovating road and gravel apparel, now is the right time for Rapha to enter the mountain bike market”, says Rapha’s MTB general manager, Jake Rosenbloum.
According to Rapha, some of the apparel is made from recycled materials. Rapha has also pledged to have 90% of its range made from environmentally preferred materials by 2025.
Understanding that mountain biking apparels are prone to damage, Rapha has included a color matching repair kit that allows you to make DIY repairs at home. They have also provided step-by-step instructions to get you started.
At the time of writing, the trail wear range is rather limited, but we do expect Rapha to continue to expand the range to cover various designs, use types, and price points in the near future. There is currently five apparel available for both men and women, and a handful of accessories.
Pricing and Availability
The Rapha MTB range is now available from their website.
- Trail ¾ Sleeve Jersey is made of 100% Polyester that is lightweight and breathable. Available in three colors, it retails for $100 / £75 / A$130.
- Trail Shorts is a fully featured mtb short with a variable width belt made of 88% Nylon and 12% Elastane. It retails for $150 / £110 / A$195 and available in 3 colors.
- Carbo Bib Liner Shorts, designed to be worn under the trail shorts come with two rear storage pockets. Available in black only and retails for $135 / £100 / A$175. For women, there are the Trail Liner Shorts which retail for $100 / £80 / A$140.
- Trail Lightweight Jacket comes with a hoodie, is lightweight, packable, and windproof. Available in three colors and retails for $180 / £130 / A$230.
- Trail Technical T-Shirt is available in four colors and retails for $75 / £55 / A$95.
- Trail Hip Pack is made from recycled ripstop fabrics, has a water bottle pouch and 3L storage capacity. Available in three colors and retails for US$80 / £60 / AU$105.
More info : Rapha